Amanda Serrano is the best P4P boxer in women’s boxing in my opinion. 9 world titles, 7 different weight classes. 30 knockouts – her record speaks for itself. Against Daniela Bermudez, you saw her do a little bit of everything:
- Controls range
- parries and controls the lead hand
- Fights comfortably in the pocket
- Moves her head, but without wasted movement
- pulls out of range and counters
- varies her power (left) hand between:
- her left hook
- lead cross
- left shovel hook to the body, and
- left uppercut (which she dips down to disguise as a body shot and turns it up)
She’s a very impressive and complete fighter. Now we have to see her go up against Katie Taylor or Jessica McCaskill..
About the Author:
Coach Ian is an ultra-marathon runner and a volunteer coach at the non-profit boxing organization, Dreamland Boxing, in San Jose, CA. He competed in boxing for both Dreamland and collegiately at UCLA. His goal is to empower all to be the best that they can be, in boxing and in life. You can find Coach Ian on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
Subscribe to my newsletter!