Coach Ian – Week In Review: 09/12/2021
Book I’m Reading
Run Streak and Running Goals:
Progress: As of 9/12/21, I’ve now run 1,089 miles for the year, while maintaining my 255-day run streak.
Share of the Week: Race Recap: East Canyon Marathon
Last weekend, I ran the East Canyon Marathon in Morgan, Utah. This race had some significance to me being marathon #10 and my first in-person marathon since October 2019.
Each marathon that you run is an entirely different experience. I’m always experimenting and learning more about myself, my limits, and my body during races. I dive into my experience running the East Canyon Marathon, and a few other topics below in my blog post:
- How fueling both with UCAN gels and HVMN Ketone Esters helped me feel strong for the race
- Why training miles matter, and why they don’t
- Running in poor air: My decision to run wearing a KN95 mask
- PurpleAir vs AirNow and my AQI threshold for not running outside
- Why I carbo-loaded for this race
- The diminishing returns of fueling
- Muscle imbalances, possibly due to boxing
- The fluid nature of goal setting during marathons
- The ideal cadence for running
This Week at Dreamland Boxing:
Our classes have been increased to 16 people per class. Intro to Sparring and Members Only Sparring are underway. See the full updates here. Come join me on Fridays at 4:30PM for a workout!
Also, I have continued to host our virtual boxing sessions. Thank you to our members for keeping your memberships active and continuing to support our gym during this time. And I’m personally glad to have been able to aid in your boxing development all year!
Our practices this week featured the following:
- The importance of shadowboxing
- Doubling up with the same hand
- Changing levels
- How to hold mitts
- Body weight circuits
- And more!
You can find a full list of drills if you are a current Dreamland Boxing member in the Premium Drills section of my website.
Subscribe to my newsletter!