This Week at Dreamland Boxing 03/13/2021:
- Happy Birthday Jesse Huerta!
- Amateur standout Dominic Reed (@teamdomination415) stopped by the gym for sparring
- Undefeated pro boxer Justin Cardona (@justincardona_) came by for sparring
- Undefeated pro boxer Eros Correa (10-0) @eroscorrea and former world champion Oscar Escandon (26-5) came by for sparring (@caliboxing)
- Thank you to Brett Ostrowski (@sharpexposures) for the photos!
Dreamland Boxing Training:
Coach Ian’s Classes:
As you may know, I am currently donating my time to host virtual online boxing classes for the members of our 501c(3) non-profit boxing gym, Dreamland Boxing. As an active member of Dreamland, you will receive the materials and video recaps of each lesson through my website under the “Premium Drills” section.
Dreamland has also increased its outdoor capacity to 15 students per class, and lifted limits on how many classes you can sign up for in a week. Join me for a class on Fridays at 4:30PM!
On Friday, we focused on boxing fundamentals, footwork, counter-punching, and did some catch and counter circuits to finish off our class.
Our virtual practices this week featured the following:
- Breaking down the Claressa Shields win over Marie Eve Dicaire
- Focusing on technique and keeping your elbows and chin tucked in
- Drills with a tennis ball
- Staying on the outside
- Body weight circuits
- Kettlebell Single-Arm Swings and Turkish Get-Ups
- And more!
You can view our full practices here.
You must be a registered member to sign up for a class, you cannot just drop-in! If you are a current member, you will receive a sign-up link to reserve your time slot every Saturday. Reserve right away because slots fill up quick (by Monday)!!
If no slots are available, sign up for the waitlist and you will be notified if any slots open up.
Visit http://www.dreamlandboxing.org or email email@example.com for more information on how to sign up today!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
About the Author:
Coach Ian is an ultra-marathon runner and a volunteer coach at the non-profit boxing organization, Dreamland Boxing, in San Jose, CA. He competed in boxing for both Dreamland and collegiately at UCLA. His goal is to empower all to be the best that they can be, in boxing and in life. You can find Coach Ian on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.