This Week at Dreamland Boxing: (05/01/2021)
- Justin Cardona got his rounds with Mark Salgado in preparation for his fight on May 15h on Showtime
- JJ Smith came by and got rounds with Sandra Magallon
- Dreamland Boxing’s 4 session workshop for Women’s Boxing for Self-Defense started this week
- Mark Salgado, Sandra Magallon, Dominic Pezzalla and Pedro Sanchez are training for an exhibition on May 15th at San Antonio Park hosted by @verticalskillz (@dalialapantera)
- Mark and Sandra are also training for the Texas Boxing Invitational on June 26th
- Another fun week of training! Sign up for a class today
Classes are up to 17 people per class. You must be registered prior to attending and classes fill up!
Dreamland Boxing Training:
Coach Ian’s Classes:
As you may know, I am currently donating my time to host virtual online boxing classes for the members of our 501c(3) non-profit boxing gym, Dreamland Boxing. As an active member of Dreamland, you will receive the materials and video recaps of each lesson through my website under the “Premium Drills” section.
Dreamland has also increased its outdoor capacity to 15 students per class, and lifted limits on how many classes you can sign up for in a week. Join me for a class on Fridays at 4:30PM!
On Friday, we focused on generating power for the jab, footwork, getting off at angles, and did some fun circuits to finish off our class.
Our virtual practices this week featured the following:
- Breaking down the Edgar Berlanga, Chrisopher Diaz vs Navarrette, and Joseph Adorno vs Jamaine Ortiz fights
- Slips and counters
- How to hold mitts
- Body weight circuits
- Kettlebell Single-Arm Swings and Turkish Get-Ups
- And more!
You must be a registered member to sign up for a class, you cannot just drop-in! If you are a current member, you will receive a sign-up link to reserve your time slot every Saturday. Reserve right away because slots fill up quick (by Monday)!!
If no slots are available, sign up for the waitlist and you will be notified if any slots open up.
Visit http://www.dreamlandboxing.org or email email@example.com for more information on how to sign up today!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
About the Author:
Coach Ian is an ultra-marathon runner and a volunteer coach at the non-profit boxing organization, Dreamland Boxing, in San Jose, CA. He competed in boxing for both Dreamland and collegiately at UCLA. His goal is to empower all to be the best that they can be, in boxing and in life. You can find Coach Ian on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.