This Week at Dreamland Boxing: (05/15/2021)
- Happy Birthday George Bongco!
- Dalia Gomez hosted her boxing exhibition at San Antonio Park @verticalskillz (@dalialapantera). Mark Salgado, Sandra Magallon, Dominic Pezzalla and Pedro Sanchez all got some rounds in.
- Dreamland Boxing’s is continuing to host a 4 session workshop for Women’s Boxing for Self-Defense
- Mark and Sandra are also training for the Texas Boxing Invitational on June 26th
- Welcome Kayla R to training camp
- Full video on www.iancruz.blog. Sign up for a class today
Classes are up to 17 people per class. You must be registered prior to attending and classes fill up!
Dreamland Boxing Training:
Coach Ian’s Classes:
As you may know, I am currently donating my time to host virtual online boxing classes for the members of our 501c(3) non-profit boxing gym, Dreamland Boxing. As an active member of Dreamland, you will receive the materials and video recaps of each lesson through my website under the “Premium Drills” section.
Dreamland has also increased its outdoor capacity to 17 students per class, and lifted limits on how many classes you can sign up for in a week. Join me for a class on Fridays at 4:30PM!
On Friday, we focused on generating power for the jab, footwork, getting off at angles, and did some fun circuits to finish off our class.
Our virtual practices this week featured the following:
- Breaking down the Canelo Alvarez – Billy Joe Saunders fight
- Mastering the jab
- Parrying punches
- How to hold mitts
- Changing levels
- Body weight circuits
- Kettlebell Single-Arm Swings and Turkish Get-Ups
- And more!
You must be a registered member to sign up for a class, you cannot just drop-in! If you are a current member, you will receive a sign-up link to reserve your time slot every Saturday. Reserve right away because slots fill up quick (by Monday)!!
If no slots are available, sign up for the waitlist and you will be notified if any slots open up.
Visit http://www.dreamlandboxing.org or email email@example.com for more information on how to sign up today!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
About the Author:
Coach Ian is an ultra-marathon runner and a volunteer coach at the non-profit boxing organization, Dreamland Boxing, in San Jose, CA. He competed in boxing for both Dreamland and collegiately at UCLA. His goal is to empower all to be the best that they can be, in boxing and in life. You can find Coach Ian on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.