This Week at Dreamland Boxing 05/28/2022:
This Week at Dreamland Boxing:
This Week at Dreamland Boxing – 05/29/22
- The gym will be closed on Monday in observance of Memorial Day
- The Dreamland team ran 11 miles up near Saratoga Gap
- You must sign up for Intro to Sparring and Members Sparring via our class registration link. You will not be allowed to spar without registering first!
- The Willow Glen chess club meets at Dreamland Boxing on Fridays between 9AM-12PM on Fridays at 1PM-4PM on Sundays
- Full video on www.iancruz.blog.
Featured Article: Tapering for Boxing: Winding Down Before a Fight
Dreamland Boxing Training:
Coach Ian’s Classes:
As you may know, I am currently donating my time to host virtual online boxing classes for the members of our 501c(3) non-profit boxing gym, Dreamland Boxing. As an active member of Dreamland, you will receive the materials and video recaps of each lesson through my website under the “Premium Drills” section.
Dreamland has also increased its outdoor capacity to 16 students per class, and lifted limits on how many classes you can sign up for in a week. Join me for a class on Fridays at 4:30PM!
Our practices this week featured the following:
– Countering vs timing
– Moving away from the cross
– Bodyweight circuits
- And more!
You can view our full practices here.
You must be a registered member to sign up for a class, you cannot just drop-in! If you are a current member, you will receive a sign-up link to reserve your time slot every Saturday. Reserve right away because slots fill up quick (by Monday)!!
If no slots are available, sign up for the waitlist and you will be notified if any slots open up.
Visit http://www.dreamlandboxing.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to sign up today!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
About the Author:
Coach Ian is an ultra-marathon runner and a volunteer coach at the non-profit boxing organization, Dreamland Boxing, in San Jose, CA. He competed in boxing for both Dreamland and collegiately at UCLA. His goal is to empower all to be the best that they can be, in boxing and in life. You can find Coach Ian on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.