This Week at Dreamland Boxing (09/18/2021)
- Mark Salgado got some rounds in with Ruben Villa (18-1) and Olympic alternate Charlie Sheehy
- Intro to Sparring will be held every other Saturday. Members must have a physical on file to spar.
- Members only sparring has begun! It will be held Tuesday and Thursday nights, every other week, for members approved by a coach with a current physical on file
- Demarco Villalona and Cameron Gonzales started doing their track work with Coach Ian
- The Willow Glen chess club meets at Dreamland Boxing on Fridays between 9AM-12PM on Fridays at 1PM-4PM on Sundays
- Dreamland’s Summer Youth Boxing Camp, hosted by Coach Eric and Coach Dominic, is underway
Share of the Week: Don’t make this mistake throwing to the body!
I’m going to start using my @TrainWithIan Instagram account to recap lessons and share valuable information on boxing and running. In Friday’s class, we worked on a number of different topics (listed below). In this clip, I highlight a common mistake people make when throwing to the body.
Dreamland Boxing Training:
Coach Ian’s Classes:
As you may know, I am currently donating my time to host virtual online boxing classes for the members of our 501c(3) non-profit boxing gym, Dreamland Boxing. As an active member of Dreamland, you will receive the materials and video recaps of each lesson through my website under the “Premium Drills” section.
Dreamland has also increased its outdoor capacity to 16 students per class, and lifted limits on how many classes you can sign up for in a week. Join me for a class on Fridays at 4:30PM!
Our practices this week featured the following:
- How to properly throw to the body
- How to properly get an angle to punch
- Don’t end up in no-mans land!
- Changing levels
- How to hold mitts
- Body weight circuits
- And more!
You must be a registered member to sign up for a class, you cannot just drop-in! If you are a current member, you will receive a sign-up link to reserve your time slot every Saturday. Reserve right away because slots fill up quick (by Monday)!!
If no slots are available, sign up for the waitlist and you will be notified if any slots open up.
Visit http://www.dreamlandboxing.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to sign up today!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
About the Author:
Coach Ian is an ultra-marathon runner and a volunteer coach at the non-profit boxing organization, Dreamland Boxing, in San Jose, CA. He competed in boxing for both Dreamland and collegiately at UCLA. His goal is to empower all to be the best that they can be, in boxing and in life. You can find Coach Ian on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.