Coach Ian – Week In Review: 09/05/2021
Book I’m Reading
Run Streak and Running Goals:
Progress: As of 9/5/21, I’ve now run 1,075 miles for the year, while maintaining my 248-day run streak.
I’ll be doing a write-up of my experience running the East Canyon Marathon later this week!
Share of the Week: Transformation Tuesday – Bryant Lin
Throughout the years, we’ve had a number of athletes at Dreamland Boxing go through transformations, physically and mentally, in preparation for their first fight.
Today’s featured athlete is Bryant Lin (@bryanticker). In 6 weeks while training for his first amateur fight, Bryant was able to:
• Cut his mile time from 6:00 to 5:20
• Drop 8lbs from 158 to 150
• Cut his body fat from 13.4% to 8.6%
• Lose 8lbs of fat mass from 21.3lbs to 13lbs
• Put on 0.7lbs of lean mass despite the weight cut
• Run 10.5 miles of hills at Quicksilver
• Gain valuable boxing experience sparring with pros Ali Ahmed and Chris Washington
Read more about his training at Dreamland Boxing, S&C with Arian Soltero at PerformanceGaines, track work with me, and recovery at SMI.
This Week at Dreamland Boxing:
Our classes have been increased to 16 people per class. Intro to Sparring and Members Only Sparring are underway. See the full updates here. Come join me on Fridays at 4:30PM for a workout!
Also, I have continued to host our virtual boxing sessions. Thank you to our members for keeping your memberships active and continuing to support our gym during this time. And I’m personally glad to have been able to aid in your boxing development all year!
Our virtual practices this week featured the following:
- Focusing on fundamentals – slowing down and perfecting technique
- How to hold mitts
- Breaking down Mayweather’s mittwork routines
- Body weight circuits
- Kettlebell Single-Arm Swings and Turkish Get-Ups
- And more!
You can find a full list of drills if you are a current Dreamland Boxing member in the Premium Drills section of my website.
Subscribe to my newsletter!