Congrats to Mark Salgado for winning his pro debut against the very tough C’maje Ramseur. C’maje Ramseur was a 1-0 boxer with a strong amateur pedigree, fighting in his hometown Sacramento. We had seen him in the amateurs as he beat one of our fighters in 2017 and again at the Golden Gloves. Mark made a statement tonight beating him decisively, with a 1st round knockdown en route to a 4th round knockout.
Mark’s training camp was an entire team effort, all organized by Jesse Huerta with several team members stepping in and working together. I’ll dive into how we organized our training camp and the following topics below:
• How an entire community came together to support Mark: his coach, his S&C coach, running coach, photographer, chiropractor, sponsors, Dreamland Boxing, and our extended boxing community
• Mark’s Sparring Approach: Quality Over Quantity
• How we structured Mark’s training over 6 weeks to peak at the right time
• Mark’s weight cut and how he comfortably weighed in at 133lbs, 2lbs under the 135lb weight limit
• Mark’s grueling track workouts and how his HR monitor helped pace him both for his sprints and recovery runs
•How Mark’s training, both S&C and running, were designed to mimic his fight