Coach Ian – Week in Review 11/21/2021
Book I’m Reading
Run Streak and Running Goals:
Progress: As of 11/21/21, I’ve now run 1,363 miles for the year, while maintaining my 325-day run streak.
Race Report: 31 Miles for 31 Years
On my birthday weekend, I continued my annual tradition of celebrating my birthday by running a race. In my race recap, I write about the following:
- A conversation with the 100K overall winner, Ryan Ung, who also worked for Supersapiens and wears a continuous glucose monitor during races
- The 100K 1st place finishers glucose strategy for racing (i.e. his minimum baseline for glucose)
- My insights running with the Supersapiens CGM app
- How I spent 44% of my race in the “low-intensity” zone of blood sugar
- Why most food supplied at races are junk (i.e. M&Ms, Cinnamon rolls, Snickers, Cookies, etc.), and what food sources I chose at the aid station (Sweet Potato, Banana, That’s It! Bar, Nuts, Seeds, etc.)
- Why I chose Spring Sports Nutrition Gels to power my race, in addition to HVMN ketone esters
- How long I plan to continue to running my age in years
- The camaraderie of running
- Congrats to Jenn, Christine, and Jaymin for completing their 100K!
This Week at Dreamland Boxing:
Health Share of the Week #1: $50 Off the Oura Ring!
Use my link above to get $50 Off the Oura ring and 6-months FREE Oura membership!
Health Share of the Week #2: Alzheimer’s vaccine step closer after new treatment reverses memory loss
Coach Ian’s Classes:
As you may know, I am currently donating my time to host virtual online boxing classes for the members of our 501c(3) non-profit boxing gym, Dreamland Boxing. As an active member of Dreamland, you will receive the materials and video recaps of each lesson through my website under the “Premium Drills” section.
Dreamland has also increased its outdoor capacity to 16 students per class, and lifted limits on how many classes you can sign up for in a week. Join me for a class on Fridays at 4:30PM!
Our practices this week featured the following:
- Throwing punches to the body
- Catching and countering
- Holding the pool noodles for mittwork
- Throwing the jab when tired
- Body weight circuits
- The SALLY UP Challenge!
- And more!
You must be a registered member to sign up for a class, you cannot just drop-in! If you are a current member, you will receive a sign-up link to reserve your time slot every Saturday. Reserve right away because slots fill up quick (by Monday)!!
If no slots are available, sign up for the waitlist and you will be notified if any slots open up.
Visit http://www.dreamlandboxing.org or email email@example.com for more information on how to sign up today!
Subscribe to my newsletter!